Friday, August 14, 2009

Photoshoot with Amie

This shoot was a lot of fun for many reasons, but the main one was that we didn't have an agenda or anything we "had" to do - we just wanted to shoot for the fun of it and let creativity take its course. What also made it fun was that over the course of the 12 hour day, there were lots of funny/silly moments where we could do nothing but laugh - for a while. It made me think of this quote...

"Portraits often speak more about the photographer than the subject. Think of the person you're photographing as a canvas onto whom you project yourself. A great portrait tells the world about yourself as much - if not more - than the person you're actually photographing."

I think it perfectly describes why I like doing photography - its an outlet for my creative, fun, artistic side of my brain... but there is a lot of technical thought that's required to make a good photograph, and thats the chemistry major side of me. Also, its an absolute blast and I thoroughly enjoy all the people I get to meet and work with, and thats my love of people coming out.

I think my favorite one from this series is one above. For me it represents completely letting go of everything and just enjoying the moment for what it is. I think if I were to have a goal in photography, it'd be that =)

And when I get to work with people that are as passionate for what they do as I am about photography, way cool things are possible =) So, thanks Tess, Katrina, and Amie. I love my friends and the awesome people in my life! Can't wait for the next one!